Robert Langdon is a leading M&A lawyer with broad experience representing private equity sponsors, private companies (including portfolio companies) and public companies in high-stakes matters. A Partner in Simpson Thacher’s Corporate Practice, he advises clients in connection with leveraged buyout transactions, mergers, recapitalizations, restructurings and other complex transactions across a wide variety of sectors.
Robert’s recent representations include the following transactions:
- EQT in multiple transactions, including its $2.35 billion acquisition of Press Ganey (EQT’s first direct equity investment in North America), its $850 million acquisition of Certara and its acquisition of Clinical Innovations
- Silver Lake in multiple transactions, including its acquisition of Ancestry.com at an enterprise value of approximately $2.6 billion and its $300 million investment in Cornerstone OnDemand (Nasdaq: CSOD)
- Warburg Pincus in multiple transactions, including the $3.4 billion leveraged buyout (with Silver Lake) of Interactive Data Corporation, the $752 million sale of iParadigms to Insight Venture Partners, the leveraged buyout of VistaPharm and the formation and financing of its Helix joint venture with Illumina
- Silver Lake, Warburg Pincus and Interactive Data Corporation in connection with the $5.2 billion sale of Interactive Data Corporation to Intercontinental Exchange
- Technology Crossover Ventures and True Wind Capital in multiple transactions, including True Wind’s recent leveraged recapitalization of Transflo
Prior to joining Simpson Thacher, Robert was a partner at Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP. He received his J.D. from St. John’s University School of Law, and his B.S. from Syracuse University. He is admitted to practice in California and New York.
- St. John’s University School of Law, 2000 J.D.
- Syracuse University, 1996 B.S.
- California 2016
- New York 2001
Rate : $$$$