Robert A. Lauer is a franchise lawyer who devotes 100 percent of his practice to domestic and international franchise matters. Rob also concurrently serves as the administrative partner for Haynes and Boone’s Austin office and co-head of the Franchise and Distribution Practice Group.
Rob is extremely active on the ABA’s Forum on Franchising as an editor, writer and speaker at forum events, and is currently serving on the Forum’s Governing Committee through 2022. Rob also currently serves as a Committee Member on the IBA’s International Franchising Committee through 2019.
Rob helps both large and small/startup franchisors structure domestic and international franchise offerings, comply with domestic and international franchise disclosure and registration requirements, negotiate franchise and related agreements around the world, analyze and help resolve pre-litigation franchise disputes, structure supply chain programs and prepare and negotiate supplier and vendor agreements for franchise systems and perform and defend due diligence reviews involving mergers and acquisitions of franchise companies.
Rob has a particular focus on restaurant and hospitality franchising. In fact, before Haynes and Boone, Rob was the in-house franchise and litigation attorney for a large public restaurant franchisor and operator.
- J.D., St. Mary’s University, 1997, cum laude; Who’s Who: American Law Students (17th ed.); Corpus Juris Secundum Award in Torts, 1994-1995; Outstanding Staff Writer Award, St. Mary’s Law Journal(1995-1996)
- B.A., Trinity University, 1994
- Briefing Attorney, Justice Terrie Livingston, Second Court of Appeals, State of Texas;
- Intern, The Honorable Edward Prado, United States District Court
ADMISSIONS : Texas, 1997
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES:
- Committee Member, IBA International Franchising Committee, 2017-2018
- American Bar Association, Forum on Franchising
- American Bar Association Forum on Franchising Member At-Large of the Governing Committee for three year term commencing August 2019 (formalized October 2018)
- Co-Creator, Austin/Central Texas Franchise Business Network, March 2007
- Former Vice-Chair, Second Vice-Chair and Council Member, Franchise & Distribution Section, Dallas Bar Association
Rate : $$$$