Robert Marcovitch is a partner in the Atlanta office of Lewis Brisbois and is a member of the Appellate Practice. Bob has been an appellate litigator since the early 1990s when he was an Assistant U.S. Attorney in the Appellate Section of the United States Attorney’s Office in Atlanta.
He has extensive experience in state and federal courts across the country in a wide variety of subject matters, including civil and criminal RICO litigation, product liability, premises liability, intentional torts, class actions, will and trust disputes, real estate matters, business disputes, and government enforcement proceedings.
Bob is known for the depth and clarity of his analysis of complex legal and factual issues, and he is considered to be a “go-to” attorney to handle high-stakes appeals and to consult on large exposure cases in trial courts.
Bob achieves outstanding results for clients, including, in recent years, an affirmance of a defense verdict in the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit in which an evidentiary ruling implicating Georgia’s collateral source rule was at issue; an affirmance of summary judgment in the Delaware Supreme Court relating to an anti-suit injunction entered by the Delaware Court of Chancery; a reversal of an adverse summary judgment ruling in the Georgia Court of Appeals in a real estate dispute; and a reversal of a denial of a motion to dismiss on venue grounds, also in the Georgia Court of Appeals.
- Harvard Law School, Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, 1987
- Columbia University, Bachelor of Arts, summa cum laude, 1984
- State Bar Admissions
- United States Courts of Appeals & Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- American Bar Association
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
Rate : $$$