Robert J. McDermott focuses on structuring domestic and cross-border corporate transactions, including:
- Tax-free reorganizations
- Leveraged buyouts
- Capital markets transactions.
Robert also provides tax advice regarding the formation and operation of partnerships, limited liability companies and other investment vehicles, including private equity funds and hedge funds.He has also represented clients in connection with real estate transactions, including REITs and other investment vehicles.
His clients have included several private equity funds to whom he has provided guidance with regard to structuring acquisitions.Before joining Akin Gump, Robert was a consultant in PricewaterhouseCoopers’ (PwC) New York mergers and acquisitions tax group, where he focused on private equity transactions. At PwC, he also provided tax advice to debtors in corporate bankruptcies and represented a number of foreign banks with respect to their U.S. operations.
- Worked as a consultant in PricewaterhouseCoopers’ New York mergers and acquisitions tax group.
- Concentrates his U.S. federal income tax practice on a wide variety of transactional matters.
- LL.M., New York University School of Law, 1998
- J.D., Brooklyn Law School, 1997
- B.A., New York University, 1994
- New York
Rate : $$$$