Robert J. McNamara focuses on federal income issues related to domestic on business transaction planning, with an emphasis on energy deals.
Robert regularly counsels publicly-traded partnerships (MLPs) on a wide variety of tax issues, including formation, qualification, and acquisition and recapitalization activities.
Robert also handles the tax aspects of public and private offerings of debt and equity securities and has advised companies on numerous public and private acquisitions, dispositions and joint ventures, including tax-free reorganizations and like-kind exchanges.
- Robert has provided recent tax advice to:
- an MLP client in a $2.8 billion merger of midstream MLPs
- a midstream MLP in a $2 billion senior notes offering
- a pipeline MLP in its $500 million initial public offering
- the special committee of a publicly traded energy MLP in a $1.15 billion acquisition of west Texas assets
- an upstream company in the $850 million acquisition of oil & gas properties in a reverse like-kind exchange
- the parent of a midstream MLP in connection with an IRS audit of an MLP drop-down and related recapitalization transaction
- a publicly traded company in its $3.5 billion tax-free acquisition of an energy company
- the issuer of $100 million convertible notes with contingent interest
- various MLP issuers and underwriters in follow-on equity offerings
- JD, University of Houston Law Center, cum laude, 1997
- MPA, Accounting, The University of Texas, 1989
- BBA, Accounting, The University of Texas, 1989
- Houston Bar Association
- Master Limited Partnership Association
Rate : $$$