Robert F. Morwood is a business attorney who advises publicly traded and privately held companies on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, corporate finance and corporate governance matters. Rob brings a thoughtful and results-oriented approach to helping businesses negotiate and close important transactions, avoid surprises and achieve strategic growth.
- Represented a media company in its simultaneous, dual-tracked acquisitions of two companies owning four nationally distributed television broadcast networks for $302 million.
- Represented a media company in its acquisition of majority control of a business research company for an undisclosed amount.
- Represented a media company in its joint venture with a Japan-based company for the aggregation and curation of news, information and analysis from news entities.
- Represented a media company in its acquisition of a multi-platform humor and satire brand for $39 million.
- Represented a hospitality company in its purchase of substantially all of the master license franchise and development rights to certain Wyndham flag brands in Canada for an undisclosed amount.
- Represented a publicly traded pharmaceutical company in its sale for a total enterprise value of approximately $28 million.
- Represented a publicly traded utility company in its acquisition of a natural gas infrastructure company for cash and stock valued at $59.2 million.
- Represented a media company in its acquisition of a digital multisource video news provider for $35 million.
- Represented a media company in its acquisition of a cable and satellite television network for $140 million.
- Represented issuers in public offerings of common stock and debt securities.
- American Bar Association: Business Law Section
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- United Way Roebling Society
- J.D., The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law, 2003, with honors
- B.A., The Ohio State University, 1998, summa cum laude
Admissions : Ohio
Rate : $$$$