Member Robert N. Popich’s practice focuses on personal injury defense. He is highly experienced in defending claims arising under the Longshore Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act and Defense Base Act as well as in maritime and asbestos litigation.
As supported by his Super Lawyers Rising Star peer honor, Rob has developed a reputation as a skilled litigation attorney in workers’ compensation law. He has successfully tried cases before the Office of Administrative Law Judges and has developed the resources, experts, and methods to resolve his clients’ issues favorably.
Rob has represented clients ranging from local shipyard companies to employers and insurance carriers nationwide to overseas contractors, many of whom he has worked with for years. He routinely travels across the United States to defend his clients in litigation.
“I put my clients first. If my clients need to close their claims I make it happen. I am relentless in accomplishing their goals in the most efficient and cost-effective way.”
In his free time, Rob enjoys the great outdoors and fishing with family and friends in his native lower Plaquemines Parish. He is also active in his family’s commercial oyster harvesting business in Empire, Louisiana. He is an avid fan of the New Orleans Saints, New Orleans Pelicans and local high school teams.
- Loyola University New Orleans School of Law (J.D. 2004)
- University of Louisiana at Lafayette (B.S. 2000)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana
- United States District Court, Western District of Louisiana
- American Bar Association, Member
- Federal Bar Association, Member
- Louisiana Bar Association, Member
- New Orleans Bar Association, Member
Rate : $$$