As an entrepreneur, Robert B. Norris understands and empathizes with the business owners he represents as to the many complex business and relationship issues they will face during the life cycle of their businesses—from startup to rapid growth to continuous growth to exit.
He is passionate about advising privately held businesses and their owners in defining and achieving their business and personal objectives. He has assisted in creating succession plans and exit plans for some of the largest privately held and family businesses in the Carolinas.
Shortly after graduating from law school, Robert co-founded the law firm of Wishart Norris (with offices in Burlington and Charlotte) and served as a managing member since inception of the firm. In addition, in 2011, he was appointed General Counsel of the Charlotte Chamber of Commerce, where he served on the Executive Committee.
Robert graduated Phi Beta Kappa, with honors, from Davidson College in 1972 with a B.A. in Economics. In 1976, Robert earned both an MBA and Law degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He is also a graduate of the basic and advanced courses in negotiations and the course in mediation of the Harvard Negotiation Project of Harvard Law School.
At Davidson College, Robert was a football player who, as a sophomore, started as outside linebacker for the Wildcats on their 1969 Southern Conference Championship Team, which was Davidson’s only Division I Football Team to go to the Tangerine Bowl. He was a team captain and received the Most Valuable Player Award as a senior.
- J.D., Order of the Coif, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1976
- M.B.A., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Beta Gama Sigma Honor Society, 1976
- B.A., cum laude, Economics, Davidson College
- Harvard Law School, Graduate of Basic and Advanced Courses in Negotiations, Course Mediation (Harvard Negotiation Project)
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- North Carolina Bar Association, Business Law Section
- General Counsel to Charlotte Chamber of Commerce, 2011
- Foundation Serving Alamance County, Co-Founder
- Alamance Coalition Against Drug Abuse, Founder and President
- NPower Charlotte Region, past Director
Rate : $$$