Robert Sands has spent his entire career at Ogletree representing the interests of management in all aspects of labor and employment law. Robert has been widely recognized for providing superior client service to firm clients, making him the primary shareholder contact for a number of national, regional and Georgia clients.
Because of his broad depth of employment law and management experience, Robert can identify key issues and assist the client in developing an effective strategy with respect to almost any workplace issue, regardless of complexity. He has extensive experience representing retail, manufacturing, healthcare, public sector and non-profit clients.
Robert continues to handle regularly employment litigation in federal and state courts as well as investigations and hearings before federal and state administrative agencies. Robert has particular expertise in traditional labor law, including the successful handling of numerous union avoidance campaigns over the past 30 plus years.
Additionally, for organized employers, Robert has served as the chief spokesperson for the negotiation of many collective bargaining agreements and has handled scores of arbitrations.
- J.D., University of Georgia School of Law, 1978
- B.S., with honor, Industrial Management, Georgia Institute of Technology, 1975
Admitted to Practice:
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth and Eleventh Circuits
- U.S. District Court, Middle, Northern and Southern Districts of Georgia
- Lead counsel in numerous federal court employment discrimination cases, including successful representation through trial
- Representation in state courts through trial and appeals, including wrongful discharge, defamation, invasion of privacy, restrictive covenant and trade secret cases
- Oversee and conduct wage and hour compliance audits and provide counsel on FLSA compliance
- Counseling on workplace restructuring and closings, with particular expertise in avoiding discrimination claims and achieving WARN Act and OWBPA compliance
- Advisor to businesses with union contracts, including downsizing, outsourcing, workplace restructuring, and successorship issues
- Cases argued in the Fourth, Fifth, Sixth and Eleventh Circuits on multiple occasions
- Extensive involvement in union representation campaigns and decertifications, both as lead counsel in legal proceedings and as part of team to provide legal advice to management
- Georgia State Bar Association (Labor & Employment Law Section; Communications Committee, 1999-2002)
- Atlanta Bar Association (Labor & Employment Law and Litigation Sections)
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Georgia Chamber of Commerce
- Greater North Fulton Chamber of Commerce
Rate : $$$