Robert Beckham practices in the area of litigation. Since 1974, Mr. Beckham has represented banks and financial institutions in the areas of commercial litigation and employment law, with an emphasis in regulatory matters and operational issues.
During that period, he has handled over 100 trials in both federal and state courts arbitrations/mediations and administrative proceedings involving financial institutions and banks. Those matters have included trouble asset litigation, lender liability defense, prejudgment remedies such as attachments, injunctive relief and receiverships.
Mr. Beckham counsels financial institutions on, and has litigated numerous matters involving, Article 3 and 4 of the Uniform Commercial Code. Mr. Beckham has handled numerous wrongful termination defense cases in state and federal courts and defended discrimination matters before the EEOC and the California FEPH.
He has also tried a number of trade secret misappropriation matters and has represented financial institutions in ADA compliance matters.
- Defense of a number of related actions against a California state chartered bank for breach of fiduciary duties and violations of BSA/AML involving demand deposit accounts of over 386 political organizations, candidates, and federal and state officeholders involving over $12 million.
- Pending actions involving claims against banks for operational issues including wire fraud and violations of federal banking regulations.
- Pending actions involving employment-related cases of wrongful termination and discrimination claims against banks.
- Defense of wage-hour class action of misclassification of employees and failure to pay overtime or honor meal and break periods.
- Day-to-day questions for financial institutions relating to operational, regulatory and employment related matters.
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- California State Bar
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- California Bankers Association (CBA)
- California Community Banking Network (CCBN)
Rate : $$$$