Robert H. Philibosian is Of Counsel in the Real Estate, Land Use and Environmental Practice Group in the firm’s Los Angeles office. Mr. Philibosian represents clients before local, state and federal administrative agencies and local legislative bodies.
He advises and represents clients on a wide variety of government permits, regulatory matters and projects, including land use; coastal developments and opposition to coastal developments; public-private partnerships and municipal contracts; and consumer and environmental enforcement actions. He is the Government Relations Team Leader for Sheppard Mullin’s Global Climate Change Team.
Mr. Philibosian is the former District Attorney of Los Angeles County. In addition to criminal matters, the District Attorney prosecuted civil cases in the areas of toxic waste disposal, environmental law, consumer law, and antitrust. He also directed an active legislative program. He served as California’s Chief Deputy Attorney General in 1982. In that capacity, he was responsible for the daily operations of the California Department of Justice.
From 1979 to 1982 he was the Chief Assistant Attorney General of the Criminal Law Division, where he directed the State’s criminal appellate prosecutions. In addition, he directed civil and criminal prosecutions of consumer fraud, Medi-Cal fraud and antitrust matters. Mr. Philibosian first joined the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office in 1968, rising to become Head Deputy in charge of the Van Nuys branch office in 1979 when he became Chief Assistant Attorney General.
- J.D., Southwestern University, 1967
- A.B., Stanford University, 1962
- California, 1968
- U.S. Supreme Court Bar, 1980
- Member, Advisory Board, University of Southern California Center for International Business Education and Research
- Member, Board of Trustees, Southwestern University Law School
- Chairman, Los Angeles County Economy and Efficiency Commission
- Formerly served on the Advisory Task Force, Los Angeles Regional Water Quality Control Board
- Commissioner, California State World Trade Commission, 1990-1999
- Chairman, California Council on Criminal Justice 1983-1991
Rate : $$$