Robert G. Pluta is a partner in Mayer Brown’s Chicago office and is a member of the Intellectual Property practice. Rob is a trial lawyer with 15 years of experience devoted to intellectual property litigation and appeals, with specific emphasis on patent disputes, including US District Court litigation, International Trade Commission (ITC) litigation, contentious inter partes review (IPR) proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board, and Federal Circuit appeals.
Rob also drafts and negotiates technology license agreements. He is experienced in a vast array of technologies, including mobile devices, semiconductors, LCD panels, telecommunications, medical devices, and pharmaceuticals.
In addition to his intellectual property litigation experience, Rob has experience litigating breach of contract, antitrust, and class action cases.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown, Rob served as senior intellectual property counsel at Motorola Mobility LLC, where he directed litigation strategy for several high-profile cases in district courts and the ITC. He also collaborated with engineers and business partners to ensure freedom of operation, and negotiated and drafted license and settlement agreements.
- DePaul University College of Law
- Marquette University, BS
- Trial Bar of the US District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- US District Court for the District of Colorado
- US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- US Patent and Trademark Office
- The Richard Linn American Inn of Court
- Licensing Executives Society
- ATI Technologies ULC v. LG Electronics, Inc., (Fed. Cir. 2016) – Representing LG Electronics.
- McKesson Technologies, Inc. v. Epic Sys. Corp, (Fed. Cir. 2011) – Represented Aristocrat Technologies as amicus curiae in en banc proceedings of the Federal Circuit.
- Akamai Technologies, Inc. v. Limelight Networks, Inc. (Fed. Cir.2011) – Represented Aristocrat Technologies as amicus curiae in en banc proceedings of the Federal Circuit..
- Cellular Communications Equipment LLC v. LG Electronics, Inc. et al. (E.D. Tex. 2014) – representing defendants LG Electronics, Inc. and LG Electronics U.S.A., Inc.
- Innovative Display Technologies LLC v. LG Electronics, Inc. et al. (D. Del. 2013) – representing defendants LG Electronics, Inc., LG Electronics U.S.A., Inc., LG Display Co., Ltd., and LG Display America, Inc.
- Sepracor Inc. v. Sandoz Inc. (E.D.N.C. 2012) – Represented Sandoz in Hatch-Waxman litigation involving the drug XyZal® (levocetirizine hydrochloride).
Rate : $$$