Robert Simpson is a member of the firm’s seven-person Management Committee.
Robert is an experienced trial lawyer and represents clients in state and federal courts throughout the country. He focuses on products liability litigation, with an emphasis on drug and medical device litigation, as well as toxic tort litigation.
He also handles employment and commercial disputes. His litigation practice has included multi-district litigation, class actions, mass torts and claims for unfair competition and false advertising.
Robert has been first or second chair trial counsel in more than twenty-five cases that have gone to verdict. For the last several years, he has served as lead trial counsel and national counsel for several significant medical device and pharmaceutical product liability cases for Johnson & Johnson and its subsidiaries relating to hip implants, pelvic mesh, NSAID and atypical antipsychotic medication litigation.
In these high profile cases, Robert has managed all stages of pre-trial proceedings, taken and defended numerous expert and company witness depositions throughout the United States and Europe and has briefed and conducted Daubert and Frye challenges.
Robert serves as a member of the National Board of Directors of the American Board of Trial Advocates and a trial instructor for NITA and the ABA. He frequently gives presentations on e-discovery, the use of technology in the courtroom, deposition techniques and litigation management. He has held top leadership positions in the American Bar Association Litigation Section, the National Bar Association and the Connecticut Bar Association.
- American Board of Trial Advocates: Member
- National Bar Association: Past Chair, Commercial Law Section (Section of the Year, 2014); General Counsel; Treasurer, Commercial Law Section; Chair, Corporate Recruitment Committee
- Connecticut Bar Association: Federal Judiciary Committee Member; House of Delegates; Executive Committee, Litigation Section Executive Committee
- Connecticut Hispanic Bar Association, Member
- Commission on Civil Court Alternative Dispute Resolution, Member, Appointed by Chief Justice Rogers, Chaired by Judge Linda K. Lager
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law, J.D., 1993
- Case Western Reserve University, M.B.A., 1993, Weatherhead School of Management
- Boston University, B.A., 1989, Scarlet Key Awardee
Rate : $$$