Robert J. Raymond’s practice focuses on organizing and advising private investment funds, including fund formation for buyout, real estate, special situations, growth and credit funds and other “alternative investment” funds.
Bob advises private investment funds in their formation and capital-raising activities and internal governance, including manager spin-offs, shareholder arrangements with co-investors and among consortium members, all forms of “upper tier” arrangements, including co-investment arrangements and carried interest programs and “founders” arrangements. He also advises clients on all aspects of executive compensation and ERISA matters.
Bob frequently speaks at industry conferences, including PLI and the IBA/ABA Private Investment Funds conferences. He serves as the firm’s liaison to the American Investment Council and previously served as a member of the private funds committee of the City Bar Association of the City of New York.
Bob joined the firm in 1995 and became a partner in 2003.
- The Carlyle Group in the formation of Carlyle Global Partners, a fund platform designed to invest in longer-term investments, and in the formation of a number of co-investment vehicles.
- Angelo, Gordon & Co. in connection with real estate and private equity fund formation matters.
- MBK Partners in the formation of all of its private equity funds with commitments of approximately $9.9 billion.
- The Northstar Group in the formation of Northstar Equity Partners IV, its fourth private equity fund focused on investments in Southeast Asia.
- BRV Lotus in the formation of its first growth fund.
- New York Law School, J.D., 1994
- University of the State of New York: Regents College, B.S., 1989
- New York
Rate : $$$