Mr. Robert E. Rudnick’s practice broadly focuses on strategic intellectual property transactions, licenses, and client counseling directed to freedom to manufacture and clearance of new products and services, building and leveraging patent portfolios and deploying cost-effective strategies in defending against non-practicing patent entities.
He also has experience in developing tailored information security programs and data privacy-related agreements to achieve clients’ business goals and comply with applicable laws and regulations, while managing risk and potential liability.
Mr. Rudnick regularly counsels clients in a wide variety of intellectual property matters, including patent procurement and portfolio development strategies; generation of value from patent portfolios; patent and technology licensing; patent clearance studies; patent non-infringement/invalidity evaluations and opinions; corporate mergers and acquisitions; and patent prosecution, especially in the medical device and telecommunication technologies.
In addition, Mr. Rudnick has significant business and legal experience negotiating and providing counsel in connection with intellectual property-based transactions, as well as transactions related to data privacy and security. He has also counseled and defended clients from aggressive patent licensing entities such as non-practicing entities. He spent time in various in-house roles at AT&T and subsequent spin-off companies Lucent Technologies and Avaya Inc.
Mr. Rudnick is particularly well-known for his deep knowledge and skill in connection with drafting complex software and technology license agreements; drafting transaction agreements between corporate partners, vendors, and customers addressing data privacy and security issues; performing intellectual property due diligence reviews; and drafting associated agreements with the goal of appropriately managing a client’s risk under such agreements. Mr. Rudnick has published and presented on many topics related to intellectual property transactions.
- Rutgers School of Law – Newark (J.D.)
- Rutgers Computer and Technology Law Journal, 1989-1991
- Rutgers School of Engineering (B.S., high honors)
- Member of Tao Beta Pi – National Engineering Honor Society
- Member of Eta Kappa Nu – National Electrical Engineering Honor Society
- State of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States Patent and Trademark Office (Reg. No. 36,260)
- New Jersey Intellectual Property Law Association
- Chair, Electronics, Telecommunication & Software Committee, 2012-2018
- Chair, Intellectual Property Licensing Committee, 2014-2018
- Past President, Board of Directors, 2014
- President, Board of Directors, 2013
- President-Elect, Board of Directors, 2012
- Vice President, Board of Directors, 2011
- Secretary, Board of Directors, 2010
- Treasurer, Board of Directors, 2009
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- New York Intellectual Property Law Association
Rate : $$$$