Robert K. Rupp is a business lawyer who facilitates the growth and success of businesses by helping them finance their operations and expansions, assisting in the buying and selling of businesses, structuring joint ventures and other business transactions.
His broad-based knowledge, combined with his creative and innovative problem-solving skills, has clients relying on Bob for counsel and advice regarding business issues arising in day-to-day operations.
- Has assisted hospital clients in connection with acquisitions of other hospitals, affiliations with other hospitals, joint ventures with physician groups, acquisitions of physician groups, professional services agreements and establishment of provider-based operations. One of the acquired hospitals was a county-owned hospital requiring a public bid and other unique aspects of the transaction.
- Has represented service companies in connection with acquisitions, including pharmacy benefit managers, independent healthcare billing companies, engineering companies, architectural firms, insurance agencies and veterinary practices.
- Has been involved in negotiating rights and obligations on behalf of both majority owners and minority owners in structuring closely held corporate and LLC documents. Also assists clients with business succession planning.
- Has worked with a number of clients in restructuring their organizations, which has included the combination of affiliated businesses on a tax-free basis. Has been involved with tax-free incorporations, conversions of corporate entities to LLCs and tax-free reincorporations of entities in different states.
- Has provided advice and assistance in complying with the Uniform Prudent Management Investment Funds Act, which sets forth the legal requirements for the investment and management of endowment funds.
- Has been involved in reorganizations of charitable entities to separate different lines of business into separate operating entities or to establish supporting foundations.
- Has been involved with the structuring of joint ventures and other relationships between tax-exempt and for-profit entities.
- J.D., The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law, 1982, summa cum laude, Order of the Coif
- B.A., Accounting and History, Walsh College, 1979, summa cum laude
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 1982
- U.S. Tax Court, 1982
- Ohio, 1982
Rate : $$$$