Robert “Booter” E. Ryan focuses his practice in the area of litigation, and particularly in transportation, police and correctional officer liability, personal injury defense, toxic torts and traumatic and neurotoxic brain injury.
Mr. Ryan has additionally developed expertise in handling claims brought pursuant to the Longshoreman and Harbor Workers Compensation Act. Mr. Ryan operates by the philosophy that in order to defend a client well, he must get to know the client well.
In that vein, Mr. Ryan devotes substantial time to learning the ins and outs of a client’s business, operations and collateral concerns and believes firmly that the time spent doing so pays exponential dividends in defending cases. Mr. Ryan has tried cases to verdict in state and federal courts throughout West Virginia, Kentucky and Ohio.
- Represented major Class I railroad in a variety of alleged occupational and personal injuries
- Defended and served as trial counsel for railroad at trial accused of negligently causing neurotoxic brain injury, various types of cancer and lower and upper extremity orthopedic injuries
- Represented a Fortune 500 transportation company at trial accused of intentionally inflicting emotional distress and invading privacy by conducting surveillance of employee claiming permanent injury
- Defended and has served as trial counsel for police officers, correctional officers, and governmental entities accused of common law and statutory claims
- Trained personnel of multi-state insurance company on handling LHWCA claims
- J.D. Washington and Lee University
- West Virginia University
- Defense Trial Counsel of West Virginia
- The State Journal, Generation Next, 40 Under 40 (2009)
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- Former Chairman, Mt. Rifle District BSA
- Former Member, Executive Board, Buckskin Council BSA
- Officials Seminar Instructor, USA Hockey
- Referee in Chief, Charleston Amateur Hockey Association
- Member, Kanawha County Republican Executive Committee
Rate : $$$