Robert Freedman has represented developers, lenders, and purchasers of developments in Florida and other states for more than 25 years. He has extensive experience in the acquisition, structuring, design, development and operation of residential and commercial condominiums, subdivisions, homeowners associations, community and master associations, master planned communities, mixed-use projects, resort communities, and timeshares, fractionals, and vacation clubs.
His experience includes obtaining regulatory approvals for the sale and marketing of projects, working on property management arrangements, preparing the various documents and instruments of record to ensure proper creation of a community and relationships between various parties and project components, and preparing documentation pertaining to various types of mixed-use projects and resorts.
He has extensive expertise with distressed real property assets in Florida, having represented lenders, receivers, successor developers and bulk purchasers on transactional issues, due diligence, structuring to avoid developer liabilities (including use of Florida’s Distressed Condominium Relief Act), state regulatory compliance, foreclosure strategies, acquisition through bankruptcy sales, and association and community operational issues.
He also handles general real estate transactions and related matters. Rob is co-leader of the firm’s Real Estate and Commercial Finance Practice Group, the Real Estate Industry Group, and the Development Industry Group. He is board certified in Condominium and Planned Development Law.
- Stetson University College of Law (J.D., 1990)
- Duke University (A.B., 1987)
Professional & Community Involvement:
- The Florida Bar, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Chair-Elect (2018-2019)
- Director, Real Property Division (2016-2018)
- Treasurer (2015-2016)
- Member, Executive Council (2002-present)
- The Florida Bar
- Member, Standing Committee on Continuing Legal Education (2012-2016)
- American College of Real Estate Lawyers
- Chair of the Programs Committee (2010-2012)
- Member, Clearwater Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- The Downtown Corps of Tampa, Trustee (1992-1996)
- Habitat for Humanity of Hillsborough County, Inc.
- Member, Real Estate Development Committee (2015-present)
Rate : $$$