Robert G. Sbardellati is Of Counsel in the firm’s San Diego office and is a member of the Corporate and Securities Practice Group and Healthcare team. Mr. Sbardellati is experienced in a wide variety of business transactional matters, from the start up of new companies, to the counsel of mature businesses.
He renders advice on general business and corporate law issues relating to mergers and acquisitions, the formation and operation of corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies, conversions, dissolutions, corporate financing and real estate transactions. Mr. Sbardellati represents clients in many diverse industries, including healthcare, service, real estate, technology and manufacturing.
Mr. Sbardellati has extensive experience in negotiating and documenting acquisition agreements and other transactional documents. He has represented issuers and investors in the private placement of securities in a variety of businesses including real estate, drug research, medical device companies and diagnostic medical equipment.
Mr. Sbardellati provides advice on a wide range of healthcare issues, including fraud and abuse, anti-kickback and the Stark law. He has extensive experience in negotiating and documenting acquisitions and other transactional documents for medical groups, hospital affiliations, ambulatory surgery centers and other healthcare related entities.
- J.D., University of Southern California, 1974
- B.A., University of California, Los Angeles, 1971
- California State Courts
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California and the Central District of California
- Represented a medical group that merged with two other medical groups to consolidate the medical practices which were providing services to a medical foundation in Northern California.
- Represented a Central California medical practice foundation in its affiliation for the development of a comprehensive cancer treatment center.
- Represented Bay Valley Medical Group and Bay Valley Management, Inc. in the sale of assets to University Healthcare Alliance.
- Represented Harriman Jones Medical Group with regard to the contribution of its operating assets to Healthcare Partners Affiliates Medical Group.
- Represented Survival Systems International, Inc. with regard to the acquisition of its life boat systems business.
- Represented the majority shareholder in a sale of shares to a private equity fund and management of the company.
- Member, California State Bar
- Member, San Diego County Bar Association
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association
- Member, California Society of Health Care Attorneys
Rate : $$$