Robert H. Scott serves as managing partner of Akerman’s Salt Lake City office. He focuses his practice on consumer financial services, defending financial institutions and mortgage companies in individual and class litigation, including claims under the Truth in Lending Act, Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, and state laws pertaining to mortgages and foreclosure.
He litigates cases nationally in both federal and state courts, with a focus on Utah, Idaho, Colorado, and Tennessee. As part of a broader practice, Robert represents clients in the natural resources industry and other industries in commercial litigation, contract and settlement negotiations, as creditors in bankruptcy, and as parties to bankruptcy-related litigation.
- J.D., Washington and Lee University School of Law, 2003, Environmental Law Digest, Staff Writer
- B.B.A., University of Georgia, Finance, 1997
Bar Admissions : Colorado; Idaho; Tennessee; Utah
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court, District of Utah
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Tennessee
Rate : $$$