Robert B. Shaw is a member of the firm’s commercial finance team. He concentrates his practice in a broad array of credit transactions, representing agents, lenders, financial institutions, private equity groups, public and private companies, tribal governments and affiliated tribal entities, and other business organizations in all aspects of secured and unsecured financing.
Mr. Shaw’s experience includes credit facilities involving organizations in a wide range of industries and sectors, including manufacturing, oil and gas, health care, agricultural, financial services, and tribal development and gaming finance. Types of credit facilities Mr. Shaw routinely handles include syndicated, multitranche, asset-based, cash flow, investment grade, mezzanine, first lien/second lien, SBIC financing, dividend recapitalization, bridge loan facilities, note purchase investments, and work-outs.
- Representation of bank, as lead arranger and administrative agent, in connection with over $200 million in syndicated bank loan facilities provided to a tobacco cooperative.
- Representation of tribal affiliate in connection with unsecured “covenant-lite” credit facility totaling $140,000,000 for use in construction of new resort and theme park.
- Representation of public company in connection with $450 million leveraged loan facility with multitranche currency component.
- Representation of investment group, as lender, in connection with credit facility to multi-national industrial products manufacturer.
- Representation of fixed income credit group, as lender, in connection with over $124 million credit facility to large-scale dairy producer.
- Representation of bank, as lead arranger and administrative agent, in connection with over $250 million in syndicated bank loan facilities provided for a strategic acquisition.
- Representation of public coal mining company in connection with $100 million syndicated senior secured revolving credit facility.
- Representation of a tribal gaming authority in connection with $350 senior secured credit facility for use in refinancing existing gaming and resort related indebtedness and future casino and resort expansion.
- Representation of public company in connection with $9 billion senior bridge credit facility in connection with strategic acquisition, a separate $2 billion revolving credit facility provided by a syndicate of bank lenders for use in refinancing existing indebtedness and working capital, and a $1.5 billion in senior term loan facilities provided by a syndicate of bank lenders for general corporate purposes.
- Representation of national bank, as lender, in connection with provision of senior secured credit facility to nursing home group.
- University of Florida, J.D. (2006) cum laude
- University of Florida, B.A. (2004) magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- Georgia (2013)
- New York (2007)
Rate : $$$