W. Robert Shearer brings significant experience in public and private mergers and acquisitions to his work for energy, utility, oilfield services, manufacturing and technology companies. His capital markets practice encompasses debt and equity offerings, including initial public offerings, follow-on offerings and 144A offerings, as well as 1934 Act reporting.
Drawing on his deep knowledge of the energy industry, Rob provides practical and proactive advice to his clients during the course of highly consequential transactions. He efficiently maximizes the deep resources available at a global law firm, passing these advantages on to his clients.
- Advised on more than 100 mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and capital markets transactions.
- Two and a half decades guiding public and private companies in strategic corporate transactions.
- Counseled a leading oilfield services company in its acquisition of a proppant mining operation in West Texas from a private equity seller.
- Represented Schlumberger in the $430 million acquisition of Weatherford International’s U.S. pressure pumping and pump-down perforating business.
- Advised CenterPoint Energy in its $6 billion acquisition of Vectren Corporation, a power and gas utility operating in Indiana and Ohio. The transaction is scheduled to close in the first quarter of 2019.
- Advised EagleClaw Midstream Ventures LLC, a portfolio company of Blackstone Energy Partners, in its $950 million acquisition of Caprock Midstream Holdings, a portfolio company of Energy Spectrum Capital. Through this acquisition, EagleClaw became the largest privately held midstream operator in the Permian Basin.
- Represented the country’s largest retail electricity provider in the $270 million acquisition of a Texas-based retail electricity provider.
- Advised a construction services company in its $270 million 144A offering of convertible subordinated debentures.
- Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation.
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center,magna cum laude, 1994
- B.B.A., University of Texas at Austin, with high honors, 1991
Rate : $$$$