Robert Slovak has a broad commercial trial practice that covers business divorce, intellectual property, securities, lender liability and construction litigation in Texas and beyond.
He represents companies and individuals in private equity and post-acquisition disputes, employment, franchise and other contract matters and in claims against employees and officers for violation of fiduciary duties and/or misappropriation of trade secrets.
In addition, Rob defends advisers and private companies accused of securities fraud, and consults construction clients on all aspects of their business, including risk management, contracts, liens and litigation.
Rob’s practice also includes protecting and defending trademarks, copyrights and trade secrets, as well as other intellectual property.
With a strong financial background, Rob is adept and willing to design alternative fee structures that align with a client’s business and litigation goals. For example, he and the banking team represent companies with large portfolios of commercial loans.
All within the parameters of the unique fee arrangement, Rob understands how to anticipate portfolio problems before they occur and actively manage issues that arise. Clients rely on Rob to provide as much consistency and predictability as possible.
Rob also serves as outside general counsel for companies who need an experienced business advisor who can help them identify, manage and reduce risk, evaluate insurance coverage, develop safety programs for reporting and avoiding accidents and generally find ways to reduce and avoid litigation.
His trial work spans numerous states, including Texas, Florida, New York, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Ohio, Nevada, Pennsylvania and New Mexico. Rob’s clients have included:
- Associated Banc-Corp.
- Austin Commercial Construction L.P.
- Doka US Ltd.
- Double Diamond Companies
- Ennis Paint Inc.
- JAH Realty L.P.
- Lennar Corp.
- North Texas Tollway Authority
- Palm Beach Tan
- Raytheon Co.
- Regency Railings Inc.
- Rialto Capital Management LLC
- Stonelake Capital Partners
- US Industrial Sourcing LLC
- Vaisala Oyj
- Voyager Expanded Learning L.P.
Robert serves as the Vice Chair of the firm’s Litigation Department.
- J.D., The University of Texas School of Law, (1999), with honors
- Legal Intern, Justice David Wilson, U.S. Court of Appeals for the 1st District of Texas, (1997)
- B.B.A., The University of Texas at Austin, (1996)
- University College London – Law School, Semester Abroad, (1998)
- Pursued Studies
- Texas (1999)
- Texas State Courts (1999)
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Northern and Southern Districts of Texas
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Member, Fellows of the Texas Bar Foundation
Rate : $$$