Robert A. Spottswood focuses his real estate practice within the hospitality industry. He understands clients’ needs and the potential difficulties they may face within the development industry, a highly regulated sector. A trustworthy advocate for his clients, Robert approaches every task with confidence and a creative mindset.
With a deeply rooted history in the hospitality industry, Robert has a unique understanding of the interplay between business objectives and legal requirements.
- Assisted in the representation of a developer in the turnover of condominium associations to owners. Led the turnover process, including turnover meetings, turnover of documents and election of board of directors.
- Advised clients on compliance with various timeshare laws and other applicable laws relating to the offering, management and operation of timeshare plans, exchange companies, short term products and sellers of travel related services and products.
- Advised clients on the management and operation of owners associations.
- Assisted in the representation of a developer in the acquisition of property for the development of a hotel/time-share project.
- Advised in the creation and use of a trust to own time-share real property, as well as a nonprofit, to serve as sole beneficiary of the trust.
- Assisted in the representation of a client in connection with negotiations of construction contracts.
- Advised clients in the structuring, development, offering and management of condominiums, shared ownership and mixed-use leisure resorts, including the conversion of existing structures to condominiums.
- J.D., Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center, 2014
- B.S., Food and Resource Economics, University of Florida
Admissions : Florida, 2015
Rate : $$$$