Bob Stankey focuses on telecommunications, media, and technology law. He has an in-depth knowledge of privacy and telecom regulation in the U.S., Europe, and Asia. He counsels clients on commercial contracts and legal compliance matters.
A former senior in-house lawyer in the U.S. and Europe, he practiced with two international firms in London and is qualified to practice in the U.S. and the U.K.
- Partner, Media and Technology Group, Reed Smith LLP, London, 2007-2010
- Special Counsel, IT/IP Group, Covington & Burling LLP, London, 2003-2007
- Associate General Counsel, AOL Europe, America Online, Inc., Dulles, Va., and London, 1999-2003
- General Counsel, Primus Telecommunications Group, Inc., McLean, Va., 1998-1999
- Assistant General Counsel, CyberCash, Inc., Reston, Va., 1996-1998
- Associate, Hogan & Hartson LLP, Washington, D.C., 1990-1996
Professional & Community Activities:
- International Technology Law Association
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 1990
- M.B.A., Darden School of Business, University of Virginia, 1990
- B.A., Economics and Government, University of Virginia, 1986, with distinction
Rate : $$$