Robert P. Taylor counsels clients in corporate and commercial matters, with emphasis on the hospitality industry. He leads the Hospitality Section of the Firm’s Real Estate and Real Estate Finance Practice Group.
Rob has represented management and boards of directors, as well as buyers, sellers, and investment bankers, in merger and acquisition transactions. He also has advised underwriters and issuers in public offerings and private placements of securities.
He has represented branded and unbranded management companies, hotel investment funds, hotel owners and hotel franchisors and licensors in hotel development, acquisition, and disposition transactions, and in management and operations matters.
In addition, Rob has represented borrowers and lenders in debt financings. He has represented one international hotel company in the negotiation and/or administration of over 300 hotel management agreements.
Rob’s experience also includes counseling corporate and partnership clients and investors in connection with the formation of corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies.
In this capacity, his activities include preparation and negotiation of voting rights, warrant and option, and registration rights agreements and counseling corporations and partnerships in their day-to-day business activities and operations, as well as SEC reporting and compliance.
Rob has been a speaker and author on matters involving hotel management and asset management, commercial finance and legal opinions in connection with corporate transactions.
Representative Experience :
- Represented international hotel company in merger and acquisition transactions and portfolio property acquisitions and dispositions
- Represented several international hotel companies in investments in hotel partnerships and management contracts for upscale and luxury hotels, within and outside the United States
- Represented mainframe software company in initial public offering and in securities reporting matters
- Negotiated and prepared software development, distribution and licensing agreements
- J.D., The University of Texas School of Law, 1983
- B.B.A., The University of Texas at Austin, 1979
Admissions : Texas, 1986; Georgia, 1983
Rate : $$$