Robert W. Thielhelm is a civil trial lawyer who practices in the area of commercial litigation and is the Litigation Practice Group Coordinator for the Orlando office. Having practiced with the firm for more than 23 years, and known for his ability to handle complicated matters, Rob is trusted for his view and guidance on challenging, complex issues.
He is relentless in his work and obtains the best results possible for his clients through the development of novel, creative approaches and strategies. Rob has successfully served as lead counsel in trial, arbitration and appellate proceedings.
As the Orlando office’s Ethics Partner, Rob guides others on a wide variety of complicated ethical issues. Rob is ranked by Chambers USA in the area of Litigation: General Commercial in Florida. He is also listed in The Best Lawyers in America© in Commercial Litigation.
- Represented a leader in the energy business in various breach of contract and construction disputes and obtained numerous favorable results.
- Has extensive experience representing numerous clients in trial courts and arbitration proceedings in the hospitality industry. These claims involved construction, trade secrets, noncompetes, restrictive covenants, breach of contract claims and a variety of business torts.
- Tried a case involving a boundary line dispute based on an assertion made by owners of a historic cemetery that they had succeeded to title. After a four-day trial, the opposition settled, and judgment was stipulated in favor of the client.
- Represented a client in a title insurance dispute in the Northern District of Georgia arising out of a massive fraud by a closing agent that left a multimillion-dollar short in the agent’s trust account. Obtained a summary judgment in favor of the client on all claims.
- Represented the plaintiff, a general contractor, in a suit against the school board and supervising architect that arose out of the construction of an elementary school. J.D. Pirrotta Company v. Volusia County School Board, Volusia County, Florida.
- Successfully represented the defendants in breach of commercial lease and breach of personal guaranty claims. Caravan Hotel Properties v. Tempus International Marketing Enterprises, Inc., State Circuit Court, Orange County, Florida.
- Represented the appellee and obtained a per curiam affirmance in an appeal concerning the interpretation of contracts. Clark v. Dettloff, 5th DCA.
- George C. Young Central Board Inn of Court
- American Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- U.S. District Court Middle Grievance Committee
- A Gift for Teaching: Board Member, former Board Chair
- Central Christian Church Disciples of Christ, Moderator, Board of Trustees
- J.D., University of Florida Levin College of Law, 1990, with honors
- B.A., Duke University, 1986
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
Rate : $$$$