Robert J. Tucker focuses his practice on class action defense and commercial litigation. Keeping his focus on his clients’ long-term business goals, Robert approaches representation with practical goals and efficiency in mind, determining individual goals and working with clients to develop a cost-effective strategy.
In particular, as a member of the E-Discovery and Advocacy Management team, Robert assists clients in developing case-specific plans for e-discovery that can significantly lower or limit e-discovery costs.
He brings a determined and thorough approach to his practice and can successfully handle all aspects of a matter from initial investigation and discovery through trials and appeals. Robert has been recognized by Ohio Super Lawyers as a “Rising Star” from 2013 to 2015.
- Successfully represented real estate appraisers in complaints filed with the Ohio Division of Real Estate and Professional Licensing and Appraisal Institute in obtaining decisions of no further action by both entities.
- Obtained summary judgment for a nationwide real estate broker on claims for wrongful termination of a listing agreement.
- Represented clients in the healthcare industry defending claims of wrongful death, negligence, strict liability for failure to warn and strict liability for design defects. Obtained an early dismissal of the matters through settlement and dispositive motions or other motions.
- Obtained a jury verdict in favor of a large automobile manufacturer on claims for violation of Ohio’s lemon law statute and breach of implied warranty relating to claims of a defective sunroof. Munyan v. Ford Motor Co., Perry County, Ohio Common Pleas Court, Case No. 10-CV-0035.
- American Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association
- Chief Justice Thomas J. Moyer American Inn of Court
- Ohio University College of Business Society of Alumni and Friends: Board Member
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum: “It’s Only Rock and Roll” Spring Benefit Committee (2011)
- J.D., The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law, 2007, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
- B.A., Finance and Business Pre-Law, Ohio University, 2004, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 2009
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 2008
- Ohio, 2007
Rate : $$$