Robert Kent Jr. advises on matters related to business crimes, internal and government investigations and corporate compliance. Top-ranked in Chambers USA since 2012, clients note his extensive experience in complex global investigations, his deep understanding of FCPA matters, and his capability in compliance program advice.
Robert is a former chief of the Complex Fraud Section of the US Attorney’s Office in Chicago, supervising its white-collar crime prosecution program. He has successfully handled over 15 jury trials and 15 appellate arguments.
Robert focuses on internal investigations, white-collar criminal defense, corporate compliance and complex civil litigation. He has represented numerous corporations and individuals in government investigations and proceedings.
He has also counselled many corporate clients on improvements to their compliance programs, anti-corruption due diligence in advance of mergers and acquisitions, and responses to data security breaches.
- Stanford Law School (J.D.) (1983)
- Princeton University (B.A. Public Affairs) (1980)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois (Trial Bar)~United States (1990)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit~United States (1987)
- Illinois~United States (1985)
- California~United States (1982)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Bar Association – Member
- Chicago Council of Lawyers – Member
- Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics – Member
Rate : $$$