Robert L. Waldman is chair of Venable’s Business Division and a member of the firm’s Tax and Wealth Planning Group. Bob serves as counsel to foundations, hospitals, educational institutions, trade associations, community foundations, and other charitable entities, and counsels companies on corporate social responsibility matters.
He represents some of the country’s largest nonprofit organizations and has significant experience in international philanthropy. Bob also practices extensively in philanthropic and estate planning, employee benefits, and taxation.
Bob has advised numerous nonprofit clients on corporate governance issues, as well as on tax, compensation, and grantmaking concerns. He has been involved in restructuring nonprofit corporations to minimize liability and achieve program goals by utilizing multiple corporations, boards, and advisory committees.
He has also represented nonprofit organizations before the Internal Revenue Service and the Office of the State Attorney General concerning a variety of issues. He has served on many nonprofit boards and is able to provide practical advice based on personal and professional experience.
Bob is vice president of the Venable Foundation and former co-managing partner of the firm.
- J.D.Stanford Law School1981
- B.A.Haverford College1978
Bar Admissions : Maryland, Pennsylvania
Professional Memberships :
- Member, American Bar Association, Committee on Tax-Exempt Organizations
- Member, Maryland State Bar Association; former chair, Employee Benefits Subcommittee
- Member, Best Lawyers Advisory Board
- Elected fellow, Baltimore City Bar Foundation
- Board member, Downtown Partnership of Baltimore
- Board member, Enoch Pratt Free Library
- Former board member, Maryland Association of Nonprofit Organizations
- Former board chair, Association of Baltimore Area Grantmakers
Rate : $$$$