Robert F. Walker, shareholder in the Jackson office, is an experienced trial lawyer focused on business disputes, tax controversies, and products liability defense. Robert litigates business disputes with a focus on tax controversies and fiduciary litigation.
He has significant experience handling tax controversies for businesses and individuals at the administrative and trial court levels. He also represents trust and estate litigation clients in a wide range of their business and personal matters, including will contests, trust disputes, and breaches of fiduciary duties.
He has extensive experience defending automobile manufacturers, pharmaceutical companies, and motor carriers in personal injury litigation and has tried numerous products liability cases to verdict.
Robert is a Certified Information Privacy Professional and a member of the Firm’s Data Incident Response and Investigations Team. He advises clients through responses to cybersecurity and other data incidents.
- University of Mississippi School of Law, J.D., 2002, magna cum laude
- Millsaps College, B.B.A., 1999, cum laude
ADMISSIONS : Mississippi, 2002
- Successfully enforced a limitation of liability provision in a transportation agreement for a trucking company in a dispute involving stolen cargo.
- Successfully defended an automobile manufacturer at trial in a wrongful death products liability case relating to alleged defects in the vehicle’s fuel system.
- Successfully defended an automobile manufacturer at trial in a products liability case relating to the alleged failure of the vehicle’s electrical system, which resulted in a residential fire.
- Obtained summary judgment for a pharmaceutical manufacturer in multiple products liability cases involving its co-promotion of prescription pain medication.
- Obtained summary judgment for a medical device manufacturer in a products liability case relating to an alleged defect in a pain management pump.
- Obtained summary judgment for a pharmaceutical manufacturer in a dispute with a former sales representative relating to the company’s performance incentive plan.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – International Association of Privacy Professionals (CIPP/US)
- Member – DRI (Product Liability; Drug and Medical Device committees)
- Member – Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association
- Coordinates Baker Donelson’s participation in the Mississippi Volunteer Lawyer Project’s weekly Stewpot Legal Clinic
Rate : $$$