Robert D. Weber is a partner in the Business Trial Practice Group in the firm’s Century City office. Rob Weber has extensive experience across a broad range of matters, including securities class actions, derivative actions, investigations and proceedings initiated by the Securities and Exchange Commission, state securities agencies and self-regulatory organizations, internal corporate investigations and other complex commercial litigation.
He also advises public companies regarding corporate governance and disclosure issues. Rob has an international practice with a significant focus on Chinese and other Asian clients involved in US litigation and SEC enforcement actions. He has been engaged in over a dozen matters involving Asian clients, including securities class actions, derivative lawsuits, SEC investigations and internal investigations.
- J.D., Chicago-Kent College of Law, 1992, with honors
- B.A., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1989
- All California Federal District Courts
- All California State Courts
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of Arizona
- Obtained the complete dismissal on summary judgment for the directors of the nation’s largest Korean-American bank in a shareholder derivative action. Successfully defended the decision in an appeal to the California Court of Appeal
- Won a complete dismissal on summary judgment for a Hong Kong investment bank in a $100 million-plus securities fraud lawsuit filed in the Central District of California arising from an IPO on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange
- Represents a US oil and gas producer in parallel securities class actions and shareholder derivative actions pending in Tennessee
- Represented an analyst in a federal defamation suit brought by a public company and its chairman seeking over $100 million in damages. Obtained complete dismissal of the case by winning an Anti-SLAPP Motion to Strike
Rate : $$$$