Robert L. Wernli, Jr. is a partner in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm’s San Diego (Del Mar) office. Mr. Wernli has a broad transactional practice with three main areas of focus: securities, mergers and acquisitions, and joint ventures and strategic alliances.
Mr. Wernli regularly advises clients on all aspects of SEC reporting and listing exchange compliance matters, corporate governance and general corporate law matters, drawing from both law firm experience and in-house experience, having served as Vice President of an NYSE-listed company in charge of securities law compliance. Mr. Wernli has also worked on several public offerings and PIPE transactions.
Mr. Wernli has worked on many M&A transactions, representing clients in a broad array of industries. He represents both private and public company buyers and sellers. Mr. Wernli is experienced in drafting and negotiating the complex partnership and LLC agreements that are customary for joint venture and project finance transactions.
He has worked on projects in a variety of different industries, with a focus on solar and real estate development projects, and has represented both capital partners and operating partners in such transactions. Mr. Wernli previously served on the Partnerships and LLCs Standing Committee of the State Bar of California.
- Represented Keefe, Bruyette & Woods, Inc., a Stifel company, as sole book-running manager in $25.3 million initial public offering of OP Bancorp (NASDAQ: OPBK)
- Represented Parametric Sound Corporation (NASDAQ:PAMT) in $5 million registered direct offering off Form S-3 shelf registration statement
- Represented SpaceDev, Inc., MicroIslet, Inc., American Technology Corporation, Open Energy Corporation and KfX, Inc. in numerous PIPE transactions
- Representative clients have included LendingTree, Inc., Dialogic, Inc., Parametric Sound Corporation, Bridgepoint Education, Inc., Clean Energy Fuels Corp., Overland Storage, Inc., SpaceDev, Inc., Axesstel, Inc., American Technology Corporation and MicroIslet, Inc.
- Represented D’Style, Inc. (Allen Copley Designs) in acquisition by Kimball Hospitality, Inc., a subsidiary of Kimball International, Inc. (NASDAQ: KBAL)
- Represented United Flexible, Inc., a portfolio company of Arlington Capital Partners, in acquisition of Kreisler Manufacturing Corporation (OTC Pink: KRSL)
- Represented Parametric Sound Corporation (NASDAQ:PAMT) in merger with VTB Holdings, Inc. (Voyetra Turtle Beach)
- Represented Keolis Transit America, Inc. in divestiture of subsidiary Limousines of South Florida, Inc. to Transportation America, Inc.
- Represented Universal Protection Service, a division of Universal Services of America, in its acquisition of Protection Plus Security Corporation
- Represented Universal Protection Service, a division of Universal Services of America, in its acquisition of Wexler Enterprises, Inc. (Summit Security)
- Represented capital partner in joint venture for the financing, development and operation of a coffee plantation in Hawaii
- Represented capital partner in joint venture for acquisition, development, financing and construction of renewable biofuels projects
- J.D., University of San Diego School of Law, 2002, magna cum laude
- B.A., University of California, San Diego, 1998, cum laude
Admissions : California
Memberships : Member, State Bar of California
Rate : $$$$