Robert B. Wilcox focuses on transactional and counseling matters relating to intellectual property and other intangible assets. In particular, he concentrates on issues that pertain to the securities industry and other market-related industries.
- Licensing/Rights to Use and Redistribute: Drafting, reviewing and negotiating agreements for the licensing of intellectual property and the rights to use and/or redistribute intangible assets. Counseling clients on software-related issues, including issues relating to the interpretation of the “scope of license” provisions of license agreements and the use of open source software.
- Services Agreements: Drafting, reviewing and negotiating agreements relating to various types of services, including Software as a Service (SaaS) agreements, Application Service Provider (ASP) agreements, consulting agreements and other agreements for the implementation, integration, development, support and/or enhancement of software applications, and agreements for access to telecom services.
- Business Arrangements: Drafting and counseling with respect to business arrangements involving IP and/or intangible assets; reviewing and counseling with respect to distribution arrangements; drafting, reviewing and counseling with respect to confidentiality and nondisclosure agreements; counseling with respect to the commercialization of intellectual property and other intangible assets; drafting, reviewing and counseling with respect to asset purchase agreements.
- Data feeds and Databases: Drafting and reviewing agreements relating to distribution and redistribution of real-time data feeds and access to and use of databases.
- Counseling with respect to Continuing Relationships: Counseling with respect to the rights and responsibilities of the parties in long-term license and services relationships.
Bob’s practice focuses in particular on intellectual property issues that are important to participants in the securities industry, including:
- Working on contracts for the use of securities indexes and other benchmarks in various contexts, including as the underlying interests for exchange-traded and OTC derivative instruments.
- Reviewing and writing contracts for the dissemination, use and redistribution of market data feeds and databases.
- Advising with respect to developments in the law of the rights of index owners.
- University of California – Berkeley – School of Law, J.D., 1984
- University of California – Berkeley, M.B.A., 1984
- Harvard University, B.A., Government, 1970
Rate : $$$