A seasoned civil trial attorney with nearly 40 years of experience, Robert M. Wolff has represented large and small companies in the healthcare, energy, transportation, financial and retail industries in issues arising in the increasingly complex world of employment and trade secret litigation.
He has handled numerous labor arbitrations and taken more than 50 cases to jury verdicts involving matters such as: Wrongful death, Age, race, disability and sexual discrimination, Commercial and various major civil rights class actions.
Additionally, Rob is a frequent lecturer on employment discrimination and litigation topics. Previously, Rob served as Chairman of the Management Committee at Duvin, Cahn & Hutton, which later merged with Littler.
He also was the chief labor and employment lawyer for the City of Cleveland. In law school, he was an editor of the University of Illinois Law Review. Rob has been honored by Best Lawyers in America since 2006 and by Chambers Leading Lawyers for Business every year for the last decade.
He was recently named Cleveland’s Top Management Employment Lawyer (2012) and Cleveland’s Top Employment and Labor Litigator (for 2016) by Best Lawyers and currently is one of only five Ohio lawyers ranked as Band One in Labor and Employment by Chambers.
He was voted by his peers as one of Cleveland’s Top 5 and Ohio’s Top 10 lawyers (all specialties) and for the past ten years has been named by HRE/Lawdragon as one of the Nation’s 100 Most Powerful Employment Lawyers.
Rob lectures throughout the United States on employment discrimination, wage and hour and healthcare law and litigation topics and has written various blogs, articles and book chapters on employment issues in healthcare.
- J.D., University of Illinois College of Law, 1980
- B.A., Oberlin College, 1977
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Board Chair, Bellefaire JCB, one of the nation’s largest child service agencies
- Board Chair, The Wingspan Care Group, nonprofit management organization providing community based network of services
- Former Chair, Cuyahoga County Personnel Review Commission
Rate : $$$$