A member of the firm’s healthcare team, Robert M. Wolin maintains an active health care and business practice with an emphasis on counseling clients in the health care industry. A creative and hardworking advocate, Robert utilizes the scope of his experience in his confident and knowledgeable approach to clients’ situations.
Robert is board-certified in health law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and has been named to the prestigious Chambers USA Guide: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business as a leader in the healthcare practice area.
- Served as healthcare regulatory counsel in connection with the sale of multiple pharmacy businesses to multiline healthcare enterprises, which involved complex regulatory matters. Was responsible for regulatory filings of more than 500 pharmacy licenses, permits, and Medicare and Medicaid applications.
- Works with several leading national specialized health care providers to negotiate lease and acquisition agreements for their multiple locations across the United States, including fraud and abuse and Stark Law compliance aspects of transactions involving referral source leases.
- Assisted a large anesthesia group practice in the sale of management assets to a leading global private investment firm. Provided corporate and regulatory guidance in the negotiation of transactional documents, and guidance in structuring the transaction, and continues to advise the client and its acquirer following the sale.
- Advised nursing homes, physician-owned hospitals and other providers in connection with purchase and sale transactions, affiliations, and joint venture agreements with regional integrated delivery system providers, including fraud and abuse and Stark Law compliance aspects of the transactions.
- Routinely represents healthcare providers in the negotiation of operational agreements with suppliers and vendors, including for high-tech equipment.
- American Bar Association
- Texas Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
Community : John P. McGovern Museum of Health and Medical Science: Board of Directors
- J.D., Rutgers University School of Law, 1984, with honors, National Moot Court Team
- M.B.A., M.H.A., The Ohio State University, 1981
- B.S., University of Maryland, 1979
Admissions : Texas, 1984
Rate : $$$