Robert K. Woo focuses on product liability defense, including medical devices, pharmaceuticals and other consumer products. As a partner in our Mass Tort and Toxic Tort practice, Bobby represents healthcare-related firms and consumer product companies in a variety of matters.
With more than 20 years of experience in state and federal courts, Bobby represents pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers in product liability litigation, particularly in mass tort settings.
Bobby was part of the team that served as national coordinating co-counsel for Purdue Pharma in product liability litigation involving the pain medication OxyContin. In that litigation, Purdue obtained more than 400 dismissals, including over 30 orders granting summary judgment, and defeated 15 putative class actions.
More recently, Bobby has represented GlaxoSmithKline as part of the company’s national coordinating counsel in product liability litigation involving the antidepressant Paxil. Bobby served as lead counsel for defendants in case conferences and special master hearings for the Paxil pregnancy cases in the Pennsylvania Mass Tort Program, which at the time had been designated as the number one “Judicial Hellhole” in the country for two years running by the American Tort Reform Foundation.
Bobby is active in the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association, which awarded him the Daniel K. Inouye Trailblazer Award, NAPABA’s highest honor, in 2002. Bobby also received the inaugural Judge Alvin T. Wong Pioneer Award for his leadership in the Georgia APA legal community. Within our firm, Bobby has served on the Diversity and Hiring Committees and is the immediate-past Hiring Partner for the Atlanta office.
Bobby has appeared on panels addressing issues such as the attorney-client privilege, expert witnesses and scientific evidence, diversity, professionalism, and civil procedure; for the last seven years, has been responsible for training the firm’s new attorneys on efficient legal research techniques.
- J.D., Harvard University
- B.A., Harvard University
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- International Association of Defense Counsel (2008–Present)
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association, Georgia Chapter (1994–Present)
- State Bar of Georgia (1995–Present)
- Supreme Court of Georgia’s Commission on Fairness and Access in the Courts (2006–Present)
Rate : $$$