E. Robert Yoches has a practice that focuses on high-technology issues, such as computers, telecommunications, and semiconductors. He has been a first-chair in several U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC) and district court actions, led teams prosecuting IPRs and CBMs, in the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), and headed licensing efforts. Many of his clients are from Taiwan and China.
Bob has extensive experience in patent infringement litigation in the U.S. district courts and the ITC. He also has a great deal of experience in filing and prosecuting inter partes review and covered business methods procedure in the USPTO. Many of the clients he works with are from Taiwan and China, and have high technology products and services involving semiconductors, computers and telecommunications networks.
Bob also counsels clients in matters involving portfolio management, negotiating and drafting licenses, trade secret protection, and software copyright protection. Bob frequently writes on patent-related topics and speaks before academic, business, and legal communities in the United States and Asia on intellectual property issues.
He serves on the editorial boards of The Computer Law Reporter (since 1992) and the Internet Newsletter (since 1996). He writes the chapter on litigation for Software Patents.
He is also a member of the board of editors of Internet Law and Strategy. Managing Intellectual Property named Bob as an “IP Star” in Taiwan and Washington, DC. He has been recognized as a leading patent litigator by Intellectual Asset Management.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School J.D., 1980
- University of Colorado, Boulder B.S., Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, with highest honors, 1974
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Professional Activities :
- Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- District of Columbia Bar (chair, 1986-1987; vice chair, Steering Committee, Computer Law Division,, 1985-1986)
- D.C. Computer Law Forum (Board of Directors, 1992-1993)
- Licensing Executives Society (Board of Trustees, 2002-2004; chair, Information Technologies and Electronics Industries Section, 1998-2000; chair, Telecommunications Industry Committee, 1996-1998; vice chair, Computer Industry Committee, 1993-1995)
- Advanced Computer Law Institute (chair, 1992-2002)
Rate : $$$$