Robert Zaffrann practices in the areas of health care and commercial and complex tort litigation. Mr. Zaffrann is a 1997 graduate of Boston College Law School and a graduate of the State University of New York at Albany.
- Healthcare Litigation
- Represented group of 80 hospitals in case before the Provider Reimbursement Review Board challenging the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services’ calculation of the percentage of low income patients served and the hospitals’ allowable DSH adjustment.
- Represented emergency room physicians in class action against health care insurer for underpayments based on state statute proscribing basis for reimbursement to non-participating physicians.
- Represented emergency room physicians group in arbitration of a contract dispute with a managed care discount network. Dispute involved the propriety of network’s extension of provider group’s agreed-upon discounts to third party administrator client.
- Represented physician group in contract dispute with healthcare insurer over interpretation of CPT codes for hydration and infusion services in a facility setting.
- Represented pathology groups in a number of class actions against healthcare insurers over disputes involving payment for clinical pathology services
- Commercial Litigation
- Represented benefactor in a high-profile case involving dispute with other family members for control over various family trusts. Case included claims of breach of fiduciary responsibility, as well as associated claims for intentional infliction of emotional distress and other tort claims.
- Handled case involving dispute among siblings over alleged management “freeze out” in close corporation engaged in carpet and tile distribution and sale.
- Handled appeal of case involving dispute between automotive parts maker and distributor over purchase price adjustments for parts returns and defective parts, warranty claims, re-shipping allowances and other terms. Obtained significant reduction of jury verdict against client on appeal.
- Represented a Taiwan-based holding company in a dispute with a professional services provider over issues involving contracts, benefits, and professional malpractice
- Represented freight carrier in contract dispute with a clothing retailer over freight charges. Texas Freightways, Inc. v. Marshalls of MA, Inc.
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- Supreme Court of Massachusetts
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- The Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys
Rate : $$$