Roberta Kohn has over twenty (20) years of legal experience and has worked in both the public and private sectors. Ms. Kohn’s civil and quasi civil experience includes divorce, modification of custody and visitation, family law, child support enforcement, paternity establishment, real estate litigation, actions on contracts, FDCPA, TILA, RESPA, FDUTPA, fraud, quiet title actions, torts, insurance defense, bankruptcy and creditor’s rights in the State of Florida.
Ms. Kohn handles all legal matters involved in corporate, real estate and bankruptcy litigation. Ms. Kohn has an extensive background in real estate law, including six years in the title industry, where she was Office Manager of a title and escrow agency.
Ms. Kohn has substantial experience in litigation, including representation as an Assistant Attorney General and a Special Assistant United States Attorney. While working for the government, Ms. Kohn tried over 500 cases, including complex tax and bankruptcy matters, real estate matters, tort issues, injunctions and criminal matters.
Prior to focusing on family law, Ms. Kohn was the managing attorney for a firm with offices in Tampa, Florida concentrating on litigation of foreclosure and bankruptcy issues for creditors.
Ms. Kohn has handled numerous appeals, including appeals in the 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals and the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals on the Federal level, Bankruptcy Appeals in the Bankruptcy Courts in the State of Florida and in the State of Florida Appellate Court in criminal, tort, bankruptcy, real estate and complex litigation involving constitutional questions.
Ms. Kohn was most recently employed at a boutique law firm in Tampa, Florida, devoted to family and divorce law and is currently concentrating her practice on providing service in the areas of family, divorce, and real estate law for the Tampa Bay Area.
The law office is conveniently located in Lutz, Florida in North Hillsborough County, north of Tampa, just South of Pasco County and near Carrollwood. The office is easily accessible from surrounding counties, including Pinellas, Hernando, Citrus, Manatee and Sarasota Counties via I-275, I-75 or the Veteran’s Expressway.
- Florida, 1996
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 1996
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida, 1996
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 1996
- U.S. District Court District of the Virgin Islands, 1992
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 2004
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1992
- Cleveland State University, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland, Ohio, J.D. – 1988
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, B.S.
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Member
- HAWL (Hillsborough Association of Women Lawyers), Member
- FAWL (Florida Association of Women Lawyers), Member
- Florida Bar Association, Member
- Virgin Islands Bar Association, Member
- Ohio Bar Association, Member
Rate : $$$