Roberta G. Torian is a partner in Reed Smith’s Financial Industry Group. Roberta is one of the most experienced bank regulatory and consumer compliance lawyers in the country, having many years of in-house service at PNC, Mellon and Advanta.
Her practice focuses on banking law specialties such as OFAC/Bank Secrecy Act; GLBA; FACT ACT/Privacy; Information sharing; Internet banking; Fair Credit Reporting Act; Fair Debt Collection Practices Act; Electronic Banking; credit card law; cash management and merchant bank processing; deposit account products; and advanced payment systems.
Roberta is currently supporting Reed Smith’s financial services litigators with substantive banking law analysis, and she works with the IP, Tech & Data team on privacy issues in the financial industry. Roberta is a former member of the firm’s Executive Committee and was the Fixed Share Partner Observer in 2015.
- Boston University School of Law, J.D., Stone Moot Court Competition: Winner, Best Speaker, Best Overall Legal Writing Instructor
- Howard University, B.A., cum laude
Professional Admissions & Qualifications : Pennsylvania
Court Admissions :
- Supreme Court
- State Supreme Court – Pennsylvania
Professional Affiliations :
- Co-Chair, Deposit Products and Payment Systems Subcommittee of the Consumer Financial Services Committee of the American Bar Association
- Chair, International Subcommittee, Consumer Financial Services Committee, American Bar Association
- Chair, Internet Banking/Electronic Delivery Subcommittee, American Bar Association
- Co-Chair, Deposit Account Control Task Force, American Bar Association
- Former Chair, Legal Affairs Advisory Committee, Pennsylvania Bankers Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Provided advice on Federal Equal Credit Opportunity Act and Regulation B compliance for special business assets
Rate : $$$$