W. Roberts “Rob” Taylor, Jr. practices in the areas of corporate finance, international and domestic project development and project finance, bank finance, derivatives, structured finance, securities and energy-related mergers and acquisitions.
Rob’s corporate finance and securities experience includes representing underwriters and issuers in a variety of public and private debt and equity transactions.
Rob’s bank finance experience includes representing borrowers and lenders in bridge loans, reserve-based credit facilities, asset-based lending facilities, corporate revolvers and term loans, letter of credit facilities and tax-exempt financing.
Rob has also represented issuers and borrowers in various debt restructuring transactions.
Rob’s project finance and development experience includes representing sponsors, lenders, equity investors, project companies, EPC contractors, power purchasers and other project participants in all aspects of the development and financing of crude oil storage facilities, wind power projects, solar projects, gas-fired power projects, gas gathering systems, natural gas storage facilities, pipelines, LNG re-gas and liquefaction facilities, sports stadiums and other infrastructure projects.
- Represented the underwriters in connection with an offering by an NYSE-listed midstream corporation of $1.25 billion aggregate principal amount of its 4.300% Senior Notes due 2028 and $750 million aggregate principal amount of its 5.200% Senior Notes due 2048
- Represented a Canadian oil & gas drilling company in its acquisition of a drilling technology company
- Represented the underwriters in an NYSE-listed midstream MLP’s $1.5 billion offering of 950,000 6.250% Series A Fixed-to-Floating Rate Cumulative Redeemable Perpetual Preferred Units and 550,000 6.625% Series B Fixed-to-Floating Rate Cumulative Redeemable Perpetual Preferred Units
- Represented the underwriters in an offering of $1 billion aggregate principal amount of 4.25% senior notes due 2023 by a midstream MLP
- Represented the underwriters in an offering by a midstream master limited partnership of $750 million aggregate principal amount of its 4.000% senior notes due 2027 and $1.5 billion aggregate principal amount of its 5.400% senior notes due 2047
- Represented the borrower in connection with the project financing of a salt dome crude oil storage terminal located near Houston, Texas.
- Represented the seller in its sale of 30% of the membership interests in a pipeline company
- Represented a real estate investment trust in its $95 million offering of 3,800,000 shares of its 7.50% Series H Cumulative Preferred Stock
- Represented the underwriters in a midstream master limited partnership’s issuance of $550 million aggregate principal amount of its 6.50% senior notes due 2025
- Represented a vertically integrated energy business in its offering of 7,400,000 9.00% Class B Fixed-to-Floating Rate Cumulative Redeemable Perpetual Preferred Units
- Represented a midstream master limited partnership in its $1.475 billion acquisition of leading crude oil gathering, transportation and storage assets in the Permian Basin
- Represented the issuer in connection with its private placement under Rule 144A of $1,250,000,000 senior secured notes for the refinancing of outstanding term loan debt
- incurred for the project financing of Trains 1 and 2 of the Corpus Christi Liquefaction Facility
- Represented the borrower in connection with the construction loan project financing of the 230 megawatt Mariah North Wind Farm wind generation project located in Parmer County, Texas
- Represented the developer and project company in connection with the $8.4 billion term loan project financing of Trains 1 and 2 of the Corpus Christi Liquefaction Facility
- Represented the issuer in connection with the issuance of $625,000,000 aggregate principal amount of 4.25% Convertible senior notes due 2045 through a registered direct offering
- Represented an oilfield services company in connection with its $100 million asset based lending facilities and related hedging transactions
- Represented an oilfield services company in connection with its issuance of $475 million in high yield notes and related tender offer for outstanding notes
- Represented the Initial Purchasers in connection with the issuance by Midcontinent Express Pipeline of $800,000,000 senior notes under Rule 144A/Reg S (designated Project Finance International’s “Americas Bond Deal of the Year” for 2009)
- Represented the lessee in connection with numerous issuances of floating rate bonds under the Gulf Opportunity Zone Act (“Go Zone”)
- Represented a project company in connection with the project financing of a natural gas storage facility through a Section 4(2)/Reg D private placement of senior secured notes
- Represented the project company in connection with the project financing of the Sabine Pass LNG liquefied natural gas receiving terminal/regasification facility through the issuance of $2.032 billion high yield, senior secured notes under Rule 144A/Reg S (designated “North American Refinancing Deal of the Year” for 2006 by Euromoney’s Project Finance magazine)
- Represented a major refining company in connection with $1 billion of revolving and term credit facilities
- Represented a major energy company in connection with a $325 million convertible notes offering and related issuer call spread transaction
- Represented a telecommunications company in connection with a $540 million exchangeable senior secured loan facility
- JD, The University of Texas School of Law, 1989
- BA, The University of Texas at Austin, 1985
- New York
- Houston Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas, Business Law Section
- New York State Bar Association, International Law and Practice Section and Business Law Section
Rate : $$$$