Robertson D. Beckerlegge is a commercial litigator with a focus on intellectual property litigation and an emphasis on brand protection and anticounterfeiting. He works directly with clients to develop cost effective ways to enforce their invaluable intellectual property.
Robb has conducted countless civil seizures of counterfeit goods and secured millions of dollars in judgments and settlements on behalf of numerous clients. He regularly works directly with CBP, HSI, the NYPD and numerous investigators throughout the United States.
Robb also maintains an active commercial litigation practice. He assists in the representation of Trustee Irving H. Picard for the SIPA liquidation of Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities LLC and serves as counsel to an SEC-appointed receiver investigating a Connecticut-based Ponzi scheme.
Robb is a member of the International Trademark Association who has hosted a round table panel on third party liability for trademark infringement and moderated a webinar on the importance of trademark recordation and working constructively with CBP.
He is also a past member and co-chair of the International Anticounterfeiting Coalition’s Internet Committee and has moderated a panel on trademark enforcement in non-traditional ways. Additionally, Robb works directly with the board of Case Western Reserve University School of Law on their new program offering a master of arts degree in financial integrity.
- A member of the BakerHostetler team assisting in the representation of Trustee Irving H. Picard for the SIPA liquidation of Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities LLC.
- Responsible for daily litigation and investigatory needs of SEC and Connecticut district court-appointed receiver in a Ponzi scheme.
- Served on a team that represented large telecommunications provider in false advertising dispute with competitors. Involved in all aspects of the investigation and litigation. Maintained dockets, as well as drafted and researched information in developing a mock jury consultation and presentation for use in case preparation.
- International Trademark Association
- Anticounterfeiting Committee, U.S. Subcommittee: Enforcement Group
- International AntiCounterfeiting Coalition
- Internet Committee: Former Co-Chair
- New York State Bar Association
- J.D., St. John’s University School of Law, 2000; New York Litigator, Student Editor-in-Chief
- B.A., College of the Holy Cross, 1997
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, 2001
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 2001
- New York, 2001
- Massachusetts, 2001
Rate : $$$