Robin M. Schachter represents employers and executives on employment and compensation arrangements; he designs and implements qualified retirement plans, nonqualified deferred compensation and incentive compensation arrangements, equity and other executive compensation arrangements; and welfare, fringe benefit and health plans.He consults on tax and ERISA compliance requirements, including tax-qualification requirements, unrelated business income taxes, fiduciary responsibility, continuation coverage (COBRA) and Affordable Care Act rules applicable to group health plans.
Robin has extensive experience with employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) design and compliance matters for C and S corporations.Robin’s employee benefits practice includes fiduciary responsibility, prohibited transactions and benefit claims litigation matters, as well as allied areas of labor, tax and securities law. He has served companies in the financial institution, sports and entertainment, aerospace and defense, manufacturing, apparel, computer and high-technology, retail, oil and gas, real estate, hospital and medical, and professional services industries.
Robin has been a frequent lecturer and speaker on employee benefits topics to various professional and business groups, including at programs sponsored by the American Bar Association, the Los Angeles County Bar Association, the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the California Society of Certified Public Accountants, the Tax Executives Institute, the University of Southern California Tax Institute and the Georgetown University Law Center.
- Concentrates on executive compensation, employee benefits, Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), tax-exempt organizations and related federal tax matters.
- Advised various clients in ESOP and executive compensation matters.
- Assisted GEP Administrative Services, dba Entertainment Partners, in its acquisition of EP Canada and Canada Film Capital, the leading providers of entertainment payroll and tax incentive services in Canada.
- Represented Diamondback Energy, Inc. in its acquisition of Energen Corporation. This was an all-stock transaction valued at approximately $9.2 billion, including Energen’s net debt of
$830 million as of June 30, 2018.
- Advised VCA Inc. in its acquisition by Mars, Incorporated for approximately $9.1 billion. As part of the transaction, VCA joined Mars Petcare, one of the world’s leading petcare providers.
- Counseled Entertainment Partners in its acquisition of substantially all of the assets of a competitor, Ease Entertainment Services LLC and subsidiaries, in the entertainment payroll and services business.
- Member, Executive Compensation Task Force, CompensationStandards.com.
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association.
- LL.M., Georgetown University Law Center, 1980
- J.D., The Catholic University of America Columbus School of Law, 1977
- B.A., American University, 1974
- District of Columbia
Rate : $$$