Robin G. Shaughnessy represents employers in state and federal court cases involving employment discrimination, retaliation, wrongful discharge, breach of contract, employment torts and unfair competition.
In one case, Robin defended a large credit card company in a discrimination and retaliation lawsuit under Title VII and the Texas Commission on Human Rights Act. She also represents clients in independent contractor compliance and misclassification claims.
Robin has extensive experience litigating and advising clients in matters involving a variety of employment issues, including Title VII, ADEA, ADA, FLSA, WARN and OFCCP matters. In addition, she has advised and assisted several clients involved in nationwide reductions in force.
Representative Experience :
- Defend large credit card company in a race, national origin and retaliation lawsuit under Title VII and the TCHRA.
- Represent nationwide janitorial and building maintenance company in obtaining temporary restraining order against former employee and his new employer for misappropriation of confidential information and breach of his non-competition and non-solicitation agreements.
- Represent national pet products manufacturer in defending against a threatened temporary injunction related to the hiring of an executive.
- Represent employers in mediations before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Texas Commission on Human Rights
- Prepare briefs in support of company position in connection with union arbitrations of employee grievances
- Prepare and review employment agreements, employee handbooks separation agreements and releases for numerous clients
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- J.D., with honors, The University of Texas School of Law, 1999
- B.S., Biology and Environmental Studies, magna cum laude, Baylor University, 1996
Admissions : Texas, 1999
Admitted To Practice :
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, 2003
Rate : $$$