Robyn B. Sokol has served as lead counsel in scores of trials, evidentiary hearings and motions in bankruptcy, and other, courts throughout the United States. Her areas of expertise include business reorganizations, creditor’s rights and bankruptcy law, and all related transactions and litigation.
Her work includes negotiating, drafting, analyzing and reviewing loan documents; real and personal property leases; purchase agreements; and licensing agreements. She represents businesses in the manufacturing, marketing, retail, entertainment, finance, golf, hospitality, insurance, real estate, shipping, and healthcare industries.
Robyn represents financial institutions, corporations, creditors’ committees, Chapter 7 and 11 trustees, secured and unsecured creditors. She has successfully defended preference actions filed against various entities including a national insurance company, publication house, manufacturers and a shipping company.
As part of her comprehensive bankruptcy and creditor’s rights practice, Robyn represents Chapter 7 and 11 debtors, and counsels mid-sized corporations and individual debtor clients in reorganizations.
Robyn served as a Judicial Law Clerk in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Central District of California for the Honorable Robin Riblet; and as a Judicial Law Clerk (floating position) for Judges Ahart, Lax, Lasarow, March and Zurzolo.
- Boston University, School of Law (J.D., 1991); Activities and Societies: Defenders Clinical Program, Case and Note Editor for the Probate Journal, Advisor and Judge for the Esdaile Moot Court Competition
- University of Colorado, Boulder, (B.S., Finance and Real Estate cum laude, 1986); Societies and Recognitions: Beta Gamma Sigma, Golden Key National Honor Society
Admission & Membership:
- State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern, Central, Eastern and Southern Districts of California
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Board Member and Program Chair, ABI Battleground West Advisory Board (2017-Present)
Rate : $$$