With a background in mechanical engineering, Robyn M. Bowland is a patent litigator and counselor with experience in a range of technologies, including computer software, telecommunications, and medical devices. She litigates all aspects of patent disputes in venues throughout the United States.
As part of her counseling practice, Robyn prepares freedom-to-operate opinions, evaluates patent landscapes, and provides strategic advice on portfolio management. She advises clients regarding exposure to potential patent infringement actions prior to new product launch; evaluates proposed patent infringement actions on behalf of patent owners; advises clients regarding proposed intellectual property licenses.
As part of her broader litigation practice, Robyn represents clients in trademark, trade dress, trade secret, false advertising, privacy, tortious interference, and breach of contract disputes. Prior to attending law school, Robyn served as an Adjutant General Officer in the United States Army from 2000-2005, including tours in the Republic of Korea and Kuwait.
- J.D., Notre Dame Law School, 2008, magna cum laude
- B.S., United States Military Academy, Mechanical Engineering, 2000
Bar Admissions :
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- 137 Films, Board Member
- The Richard Linn American Inn of Court, Member
- Step Up, Chicago Board Member
- Coalition of Women’s Initiatives in Law, Member
Rate : $$$$