Rochelle Wilcox, a California State Bar Certified Appellate Specialist, focuses her litigation and appeals practice on media law, including extensive experience with California’s anti-SLAPP law, defense of defamation, invasion of privacy and newsgathering claims, and access and reporter’s shield issues.
Rochelle’s practice also includes a full range of employment litigation on behalf of employers and general business litigation issues. Rochelle has broad experience in federal and state appellate courts in a wide array of issues and disputes.
Rochelle’s California Supreme Court experience includes participating in drafting six successful petitions for review, all of which had successful outcomes. Rochelle has been counsel for the winning party in her last eight cases before the California Supreme Court.
- Certified Specialist, Appellate Law, State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
Professional & Community Activities:
- Past Chair, Appellate Section, Sacramento County Bar Association
- Master, Member of Executive Committee; Co-chair, Membership Committee – Milton L. Schwartz-David F. Levi American Inn of Court
- Women in Communications Law Committee, Forum on Communications Law, American Bar Association
- Appellate Practice Committee, Section of Litigation, American Bar Association
- J.D., University of Utah College of Law, 1998
- Graduated First in Class
- Staff Member, Utah Law Review
- B.A., University of Nevada, Las Vegas, 1995
Rate : $$$