For more than 20 years, Rodney L. Bean has provided practical, no-nonsense advice to help leading employers develop and apply labor and human resources strategies that are both compliant and prudent. He regularly counsels employers on most aspects of federal and state employment law, and has broad experience in wage and hour compliance and affirmative action planning.
He also has significant litigation and arbitration experience, having represented employers in more than 30 labor arbitrations and argued more than 20 cases before state and federal appellate courts. Mr. Bean serves on the firm’s Executive Committee and is the former Practice Group Leader of the firm’s Labor Department.
Before joining Steptoe & Johnson PLLC in 1994, Mr. Bean served as law clerk to the Honorable Charles H. Haden, II, Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia, and as Assistant Attorney General for the State of West Virginia under Attorney General Mario J. Palumbo. He is a graduate of the West Virginia University College of Law and the Perley Isaac Reed School of Journalism at West Virginia University.
- Received no probable cause determination from Fairfax County (Virginia) Human Rights Commission in national origin discrimination claim
- Represented a public entity in a disability discrimination case brought by a former firefighter with hemophilia
- Litigated charges before the EEOC and West Virginia Human Rights Commission
- Handled several unfair labor practice charges before the National Labor Relations Board
- Counseled public and private employers concerning all aspects of the employment relationship
- Represented a Fortune 500 gas transmission company in an unfair labor practice charge concerning company’s response to a union request for information
- J.D. West Virginia University
- B.A. West Virginia University
- Adjunct Lecturer, West Virginia University College of Law (2001-2005)
- Defense Trial Counsel of West Virginia
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- West Virginia Oil and Natural Gas Association
- Independent Oil and Gas Association of West Virginia
- Board of Directors, Monongalia Health System, Inc.
Rate : $$$$