Rodney Moore is a Shareholder in the Atlanta office of Ogletree Deakins. Mr. Moore’s practice consists of the representation of clients in labor and employment and related litigation. With a strong in-house and outside counsel background, he brings a unique and practical perspective to issues critical to the evolving workplace.
Rodney represents employers as lead counsel in federal and state court employment litigation, class and collective actions, labor arbitrations, and administrative proceedings. An experienced litigator, Rodney has tried cases to verdict both in federal and state courts. Rodney has also conducted numerous judicial and labor arbitrations.
Rodney has represented Fortune corporations, emerging businesses, and public agencies in major litigation, including class actions alleging unfair business practices and constitutional violations.
As part of Rodney’s labor and employment practice, he assists management in responding to claims in all areas of employment law, including harassment and discrimination; overtime and other wage and hour claims brought under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and similar state statutes; the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA); restrictive covenant and trade secrets; whistleblower matters; and due process claims and hearings. Rodney specifically enjoys strategizing with his clients to assure that the results achieved are consistent with the client’s objectives.
In addition to his reputation representing corporations and emerging businesses, Rodney is also considered one of the leading education lawyers in America. He previously served as General Counsel for the Shelby County Board of Education, General Counsel of the East Side Union High School District—the largest high school district in Silicon Valley, and General Counsel of the Atlanta Public Schools.
- J.D., Santa Clara University School of Law, 1985
- B.A., University of Washington, 1982
Admitted to Practice:
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth and Eleventh Circuits
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Successfully defended claim of Retaliation based on HIV status and utilization of FMLA leave (obtained Summary Judgment).
- Successfully defended claim of liability based on sexual assault committed by employee (obtained Summary Judgment).
- Successfully defended/resolved overtime collective action brought against national employer under FLSA (“fluctuating work week”).
- Successfully defended/resolved collective action overtime claim brought by accountant alleging misclassification (obtained decertification).
- Successfully arbitrated labor appeal finding just cause for termination of employee for workplace violence, including obtaining F.R.C.P. 12(b)6) dismissal of employee’s subsequent federal court lawsuit alleging violations of the National Labor Relations Act.
- Chair, Judicial Selection Committee – National Bar Association (2012-2013)
- President – National Bar Association (2008-2009)
- National Board Member – Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights Under Law
- Member – Host Committee, Second Annual Wayne A. McCoy The History Makers Program honoring Justice Leah Ward Sears (2008)
- Board of Visitors – Santa Clara University School of Law
Rate : $$$